Nurukku Gothambhu Upma(Samba Broken Wheat Upma)
Upma is popular as south indian breakfast dish and rava upma is the most common one. This is a healthy and nutritious upma prepared with broken wheat.
- Broken Wheat(Nurukku Gothambhu) – 1 cup
- Shallots(chopped) – 5
- Bengal Gram dal(kadala parippu) – 1/2 tsp
- Carrot(chopped) – 1
- Ginger(chopped) – 1 small piece
- gree chilly(chopped) – 1
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- water – 2 1/2 cups
- Heat oil in a kadai.Splutter mustard seeds and once it is done,add bengal gram dal,chopped shallots,till golden brown. add chopped ginger,green chilly,chopped carrot and curry leaves. saute for few minutes.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of water,required slat to it and allow it to boil.
- Once it starts to boil, add washed broken wheat to it and mix well.
- Cook for 10 minutes by stirring constantly.This helps to prevent from burning on the bottom of the kadai.
- you can garnish with sugar while giving it to kids.
That’s a very healthy upma.
Very healthy and delicious.
i love it……………my mom always made for me……… yummy…it is also a healty dish!!!!! 4 all
Wow. Tasty and healthy upma