Thai Pineapple Fried Rice
Thai pineapple fried rice is common in Thai cuisine and this is one of my favorite. whenever we go to Thai restaurant,we always order this fried rice.This is easy to make and if you love to cook ,you can make this restaurant style food at home. Hope you all will try this colorful and yummy fried rice.Enjoy!
- Pineapple (cut into small pieces) – 1/2 cup
- Thai fragrant Rice – 1 cup
- Onion(chopped) –1
- Garlic (chopped) –4
- Green Chilly(chopped) –1
- Green Peas(boiled) 1/4 cup
- Prawns – 10
- Curry Powder – 1tsp
- Egg – 1
- Cashewnuts(fried) – 10
- raisins – 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce or fish sauce – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Spring onion –3 Sprigs
- Coriander leaves – 1tbsp
- In a rice cooker, Add rice and water in equal amounts(1:1 ratio)and leave to cook automatically.Remove and let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan.Add chopped onions,chopped garlic,green chilly and saute well.
- Add prawns to it and stir till dry.
- Add curry powder,beaten egg and stir well so as to get the egg scrambled well.
- Add pineapple pieces( I used the canned one),fried cashewnuts,raisins,boiled green peas,soy sauce,sugar ,spring onion and coriander leaves and cooked rice to it
- Stir gently to get mixed well.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions.
- it is usually served in a pineapple shell.since I used the canned pineapple chunks,I served on a plate.
- If you are vegetarian. you can avoid prawns,egg and substitute with vegetables like cauliflower,carrot.