Today I am going to share an easy and delicious recipe of Paneer and Capsicum in a thick gravy.This goes well with roti,Naan or Bread.
- Paneer(cottage cheese,cut into cubes) – 250 gms
- Capsicum/Bell pepper – 2
- Tomato (chopped) – 2
- Onion(chopped) – 2
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Garlic(chopped) – 1 tbsp
- Dry Red Chilly (make a paste) – 3
- Cumin seeds/Jeerakam – 1 tbsp
- Ginger(cut lengthwise) – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Kasoori Methi powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – to garnish
- soak dry red chilly in little water for sometime. Make a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan.splutter cumin seeds and once it starts to brown,add chopped onion and saute well.
- Add chopped ginger,ginger-garlic paste,chilly paste,tomato chopped and mix well.
- Add capsicum pieces(you can add different colored capsicum if you like),garam masala ,salt and stir well to get coated with the masala.
- Finally add paneer cubes ,salt ,kasoori methi powder and mix gently.Stir cook on low flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from fire.Garnish with coriander leaves.
This is a healthy preparation of salmon marinated in spicy green sauce and baked.hope all seafood lovers will definitely love this.
- Salmon(clean and cut into medium pieces) – 1 lb.
- Yogurt- 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder –1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder- 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice- 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
For Green Paste
- Ginger- 1/2 “ piece
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Green chilly –4
- Coriander leaves/Cilantro(chopped) –1/2 cup
- Onion(cut into slices) –1/2
- Mint leaves/Pudina (chopped) – 7
- Clove – 4
- Cinnamons tick – 1” piece
- Black peppercorns – 4
- Remove the outer skin of salmon.cut into medium pieces. Dry the pieces in a paper towel before marinating.
- In a blender add all the ingredients listed under green masala and grind it into a smooth paste.
- In a bowl, add salmon pieces,turmeric powder,cumin powder,coriander powder,and salt and mix well .
- Add yogurt,lemon juice, green paste to it and mix well so that the masala coats well with the salmon pieces.
- Marinate fish in refrigerator for about 5 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and arrange the fish pieces.
- Brush the salmon pieces with little oil.Bake them on one side for about 15 minutes. once one side is done,turn over and bake again for another 15 minutes.It depends upon the type of oven you use for baking.
- Serve as starter or as side dish for rice.