Amritsari Fish Fry
Amritsari fish fry is popular in Punjabi cuisine.This recipe is adapted from “Turban tadka” by Chef Harpal Singh.This is a easy and tasty appetizer and must try recipe for sea food lovers.
- Fish Fillets (I used tilapia fillets) – 500 gms
- Lemon juice – 1 Tbsp
- Red chilly powder -1 Tbsp
- Ginger paste- 1 Tbsp
- Garlic paste – 1 Tbsp
- Besan(Gram flour) – 1/4 cup
- Egg -1
- Ajwain (carom seeds)- 1/2 tsp
- Curd – 2 Tbsp
- Rice Flour – 1 Tbsp
- Chat Masala (to garnish) – 1 Tsp
- Pudina(Mint) leaves
- Marinate fish pieces with lemon juice, red chilly powder,ginger-garlic paste and salt for 30 minutes.
- Add Besan,Egg,Ajwain,curd and rice flour.Mix with marinate fish pieces to get coated well.
- Keep aside for 1 hr.
- Heat oil in a kadai.deep fry fish till golden brown.
- Sprinkle chat masala and garnish with pudding leaves.
- Serve as side dish or appetizer.
NB:The recipe calls for white vinegar, but didn’t add and still it tasted good.if you like, you can add 1/2 cup of vinegar along with besan mix.
For Recipe Video : https://youtu.be/7lKkrYK9teA