Idiyappam or nool puttu is a breakfast dish popular in kerala.it is made with rice flour and you can have with potato stew , thick coconut milk mixed with sugar , egg curry or kuruma.
- Rice flour(raw rice) – 2 cups
- Grated coconut – 3tbsp
- Idiyappam presser
- Iddly Steamer
How to make nool puttu:
- Boil about 3 cups of water. In a pan, add rice flour mixed with salt .add boiled water little by little to the flour and mix with a spoon. Knead until you get a soft dough.
- Grease the idiyappam presser and iddly moulds with little oil.
- Put small portion of dough into the presser and squeeze it into iddly moulds in circular motion.
- Sprinkle grated coconut on top of each idiyappam.
- place the iddly stand in the steamer and steam cook for about 8-10 mins.
- serve with potato stew or Egg curry
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Idiyappam (nool puttu),