Dal Darbari aka Palak Dal
- Yellow Moong Dal – 250gm
- Palak (Spinach) chopped into small pieces – 1 small bunch
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Green Chilly – 1
- Ginger (chopped) – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds (Jeera) – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Wash daal well and soak in 3 cups of water for 15 minutes.
- Pressure cook with turmeric powder and salt till done.Add chopped spinach and cook for another 5 minutes
- Heat Ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds.let it splutter.
- Once it is done,saute chopped ginger, green chilly and add red chilly powder. . Finally,add cooked daal and stir well.
- Light boil once more and turn off the ehat.
- serve with roti or rice.