Idiyappam (nool puttu)
Idiyappam or nool puttu is a breakfast dish popular in Kerala. It is made with rice flour and you can have it with potato stew, thick coconut milk mixed with sugar, egg curry or kuruma.
- Rice flour(raw rice) – 2 cups
- Grated coconut – 3tbsp
- Idiyappam presser
- Iddly Steamer
- Boil about 3 cups of water. In a pan, add rice flour mixed with salt .add boiled water little by little to the flour and mix with a spoon. Knead until you get a soft dough.
- Grease the idiyappam presser and iddly moulds with little oil.
- Put small portion of dough into the presser and squeeze it into iddly moulds in circular motion.
- Sprinkle grated coconut on top of each idiyappam.
- Place the iddly stand in the steamer and steam cook for about 8-10 mins.
- Serve with Potato Stew or Egg curry
Very nice recipe, looks yummmyy!!!
my fav…looks great!
I guess, it takes lot to expertise to make these… Yours look so very perfect!! 🙂
Hey this is my fav. but i dont add coconut to it..
this one is my fav but i dont add coconut
Hi…. Idiyappam is my fav….. Urs have come out prefect…. I love it….. I also do it in the same way except adding coconut during the steaming process…. Have to try ur version…..
Never made this at home. Looks yummy…
heavenly combo prajusha
looks good. Yum!
This is my favorite..Missing my moms preparation
nice and delicious dish…i really miss my home.