Wish all my readers a Happy Valentines day. Sharing a simple and yummy recipe of Vanilla hearts.
- All Purpose Flour/Maida – 2 cups
- Butter(cut into small Pieces) – 3 cups/150gms
- Caster sugar(superfine) – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Essence(for flavoring) – 1 tsp
- Caster Sugar – for dusting
- Sieve the flour into a large mixing bowl and rub in the butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in caster sugar and vanilla flavoring and bring the mixture together with your hands to make a firm dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a thickness of 1 inch. Stamp out 12 hearts with a heart shaped biscuit cutter.
- Lightly grease the baking tray. Arrange the hearts on the prepared baking tray(cookie sheet).
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degree F for 15 to 20 minutes until the hearts are light golden color.
- Move the vanilla hearts into a wire rack and leave it to cool.
- Dust with a little caster sugar before serving.
Recipe source: Essential Cooking-Baking