Dragon chicken is popular in Chinese cuisine and this time I tried using fish instead of chicken. it came out really good.It can be served as Appetizer for parties or with fried rice .
- Fish Fillet – 250 gms
- Egg –1
- Pepper powder-1/4 tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste- 1/12 tsp
- All purpose flour/Maida – 2 tbsp
- Corn flour – 2 tbsp
- Onion(cut into cubes) – 1
- Ginger(chopped) –1 tsp
- Garlic (chopped) – 1tbsp
- Capsicum(Green & yellow, cut into cubes) –1
- Green Chilly – 3
- Red Chilly flakes or Red chilly paste – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Tomato Ketchup – 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce – 1 tsp
- Chilly Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Celery(chopped) – 1 tsp
- Spring onions(chopped) – 1 tbsp
- Cut fish into medium 1 “ pieces.
- In a bowl ,add maida,corn flour,ginger-garlic paste,salt,pepper powder and egg.Mix well using little water to get a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a Pan for frying.Dip the fish pieces in the batter and fry till light brown in color.
- In another pan,add 2 tbsp oil(use the same oil used for frying).
- Saute chopped onions,green chilly,ginger-garlic and once it is done,add chilly paste,chilly sauce,tomato ketchup and soy sauce.
- Add fried fish to it and mix well to get coated.
- check for salt and add if needed as soy sauce is salty.Add little water and stir well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Finally add celery and chopped spring onions.
- Remove from fire.
- Dragon fish is ready to serve with fried rice.