Burfi is a popular sweet of India and it is usually prepared using condensed milk and sugar.The most common are coconut Burfi and Almond Burfi.If you have a sweet tooth and are craving for a sweet ,here is a fast and healthy recipe of Apple burfi.When I saw this recipe in a cookery show I wanted to try it out.My hubby and little ones really liked it and it was finished off by them within a day .
- Apple(grated) – 2 cups
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Grated Coconut – 3 cups
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Lime Juice –1/2 tsp
- Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
- Ginger juice- 1 tsp
- Condensed Milk – 1 tbsp
- Cashewnuts – to garnish
- Heat ghee in a pan.Add grated apple,sugar and grated coconut. stir until sugar melts completely.
- Add lime juice,ginger juice, cardamom powder to it and mix.
- Once the apple mix is dry,add condensed milk to it.When the mixture will thicken and leaves the sides of the pan remove from heat and quickly spread evenly in a pan..
- Press cashewnuts on top of burfi and let it cool.Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before removing from pan
- once it is cool, cut into desired shapes.
- Refrigerate in a air tight container for upto 3 days.
- If you want a colorful burfi, you can add green or any other color mixed with milk to it.