Aval Ladoo/Poha Ladoo (അവല് ലഡ്ഡു)
Aval ladoo is prepared using rice flakes mixed with jaggery syrup and grated coconut. This is easy to make and a yummy sweet for kids.
- Aval/Rice flakes(poha) – 4 cup
- Jaggery syrup – 1 cup
- Grated Coconut – 1/4 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Heat a pan and dry roast rice flakes till crispy.Here I used brown rice flakes.Take care not to burn the rice flakes.
- In a mixer, grind rice flakes into a fine powder.Transfer the powder into a bowl.
- Add jaggery syrup little by little to poha and stir well to get mixed.Add grated coconut ,cardamom powder and mix well.let it cool.
- Once it is cool, make balls out of it.