Pazham Pori (Plaintain Fritters)
This has been my all time favorite and it is a popular tea time snack of Kerala.
- Refined Flour (Maida)-2 cup
- Ripe plaintain(nenthrapazham)- 2
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Salt-one pinch
- Coconut Oil
- Yellow color or turmeric powder – one pinch
- Peel banana and cut them into 2 halves.Then slit into 4 pieces.
- Make a batter with maida,salt sugar,turmeric powder by adding water gradually to form a thick consistency.
- Heat oil in a pan.when oil is hot,dip each banana pieces in the batter and drop into oil.
- Deep fry till both sides are golden in color.
- Serve with hot tea.