Sweet Potato Gulab Jamun
Sweet potato jamuns are prepared using boiled sweet potatoes,maida and milk powder and soaked in sugar syrup.These are easy to prepare and tastes great.
- sweet Potato (3 medium size,Boiled) – 1 cup
- Maida/All purpose flour – 1/4 cup
- Milk Powder – 1/4 cup
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Baking Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – for frying
For sugar syrup
- Sugar – 3 cup
- Water – 11/2 cup
- Rose Essence – 1/2 tsp
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Lime juice- 1/2 tsp
- In a pressure cooker,add sweet potatoes with 1 1/2 cup of water . cover and cook for 3 whistles. let it cool down and open the lid. Drain the water. peel off the skin of potatoes and mash well or you can grind it.
- In a bowl, sieve all purpose flour and add milk powder,baking powder to it and mix well.
- Add mashed sweet potatoes to it and knead well using hand to get a smooth dough without lumps. cover with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.Then Make small balls out of the dough.
- Prepare sugar syrup by boiling water and sugar.once it reaches half string consistency, it is done.Remove from fire.
- Add cardamom powder,rose essence and lime juice(to avoid crystallization of sugar) to it.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Drop a small ball to the oil and if it comes up,it is ready to fry.
- Reduce the flame to low and place the balls to the oil .Fry till golden brown in color.place the fried balls on a paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
- Transfer the balls into warm sugar syrup.
- soak them in sugar syrup for a maximum of 4 hours.
- Garnish with Almonds.
- Serve chill.