Bajjichilly Masala/Bajjimulaku Masala
Bajji Mulaku or Long green chilly are not so spicy as the normal chilies. I tried making curry using these chilies and it turned out great, better than I expected. This is a great combo with Roti.
- Bajji Mulaku/Bajji Chilly(Long Green Chilly) – 4
- Onion(chopped) – 1
- Tomato (chopped) – 1/2 cup
- Garlic (chopped) –1 tbsp
- Ginger (chopped) – 1tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chilly Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1tsp
- Cumin seeds –1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 1 tsp
- Fennel Seeds – 1tsp
- Pudina Leaves (finely Chopped) – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Water- 1/4 cup
- Slit the chilies lengthwise and remove the seeds.Marinate with salt and turmeric powder for 20 minutes.
- Grind mustard seeds, fenugreek,fennel seeds,red chilly powder,cumin seeds and pudina leaves into a paste
- Heat oil in a pan.Saute the chilies in oil for 2-3 minutes.Transfer into a bowl.
- In the remaining oil, fry chopped onions till golden brown.Once it is done, add chopped garlic ,ginger,chopped tomatoes and saute well.
- Add spice paste to it and mix well.Add salt and water to it.Let it boil.
- Finally add bajji chilly to it and mix well. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add sugar to it and stir well.
- Remove from fire.
- Serve with Roti.