Brinjal Curry (Vazhuthananga curry)
- Brinjal (medium,cut into small pieces) – 4
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Ginger- 1/2″ piece
- green chilly – 3
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Mustard seeds -1 tsp
- Make a fine paste of curry leaves ,green chilly and ginger.
- Heat oil in a pan. Splutter mustard seeds. Add chopped onions and fry till brown.
- Add tomato and green chilly paste to it and stir for 2-3 mins.
- Add chopped brinjal pieces,tumeric powder,red chilly powder,salt ,1 cup of water and mix well.
- Add little oil to it and cover and cook till done.
- If you want less spicy, you can add coconut milk to it.
- Serve warm with rice or roti.