Mutter Paneer (Green Peas and Cottage Cheese Curry)
- Green Peas(Matar) – 1 cup
- Paneer (cottage cheese)cut into cubes – 250 gms
- Onion (medium,chopped) – 2
- Tomato (medium) – 2
- Ginger-Garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Green chilly (chopped) – 2
- kasoori methi powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Coriander leaves – a few
- Cut Paneer into cubes and fry until golden brown in color..
- Boil green peas and keep aside.
- Make a fine paste of onions,tomatoes and green chilly.
- Heat oil in a kadai.Fry cloves, bayleaves for few secs. Add the onion paste,ginger –garlic paste to it and fry on medium heat until oil separates from the mixture.
- Then add turmeric powder,chilly powder,coriander powder, kasoori methi powder,garam masala ,salt and mix well.
- Add green peas, paneer to it and boil for 4-5 mins with enough water to make thick gravy.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.