Bitter Gourd Kichadi (Pavakka kichadi)
- Bitter Gourd(Pavakka) – 250 gms
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Green chilly – 100 gms
- Mustard seeds – 2 tsp
- Curd – 1/2 litre
- Dry red chilly – 1
- Oil – 200 gms
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves
- Slice the bitter gourd into thin round pieces. Deep fry until brown and crispy. Place them on a tissue paper so as to remove the excess oil. You can use ladies finger instead of bitter gourd.
- Grind coconut, green chilly, mustard seeds in to a fine paste.
- Mix well coconut paste with curd, pavakka pieces and salt.
- Boil on low flame and once bubble comes, turn off the heat.
- Heat oil in a pan. Splutter mustard seeds, red chillies and curry leaves and add it to the above mixture.