- Carrot (cut lengthwise) – 4 cups
Chilly powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida powder – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seed powder – 1/4 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 2tsp
- Curry leaves
- Vinegar – 2 tsp
- Lime juice – 1 tsp
- Water – 1 1/2 cup
- Gingelly oil – 1/4 cup
- Marinate carrot with 1tsp chilly powder,turmeric powder,asafoetida powder,fenugreek powder,salt and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a pan.splutter 1 tsp mustard seeds,fenugreek seeds,curry leaves and add 1 tsp chilly powder to it and saute well.
- Add water to it and once it starts boiling turn off the fire.
- Add vinegar, limejuice and salt to it and mix well.
- Once it is cool, add carrot pieces and mix .
- Finally add powdered mustard to it.
- Shake well and store in an air tight container.
- Give it 3 to 4 days before start consuming
- As we do not use any preservatives in this pickle, I suggest your keep your pickle in a refrigerator.
(Use of coconut oil is not recommended due to refrigeration)