Chilly Bean Curd
Bean Curd or Tofu is prepared by coagulating soy milk and pressing the resulting curds into soft white blocks.It resembles Indian paneer in taste and looks.This chilly bean curd is spicy and yummy to serve with fried rice.
- Bean Curd(firm) – 6 cubes
- Onion(chopped) –
- Garlic (chopped) – 2
- Chilly Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Tamarind Pulp – 2 tbsp
- Sugar –1tbsp
- Tomato(chopped) –3
- Spring onion –1 tsp
- Water –1/4 cup
For the Chilly Paste
- Dry Red Chilly – 4
- Garlic cloves – 5
- Shallots –
- water –1/2 cup
- Mix tamarind pulp and water.Strain liquid and keep aside.
- Place ingredients for chilly paste in a blender and grind it.
- Cut bean curd into cubes and pat dry.
- Heat oil for frying and deep fry bean curd until golden brown.
- In the same pan leave about 3 tbsp of oil and reheat.Add chilly paste and fry until fragrant and oil separates.
- Add chopped onions and garlic and saute. Add tamarind pulp to it and cook on low flame for 10 minutes.
- Finally add fried bean curd,chilly sauce,chopped tomatoes,spring onion,salt and sugar.cook until bean curd has absorbed all the flavors.
- Serve with fried rice