Adraki Gobhi( Cauliflower with Ginger)
This is a perfect side dish to serve with roti and dal curry.
- Cauliflower(cut into florets) – 500 gms
- Onion(medium,chopped) –1
- Tomato(chopped,medium) – 1
- Ginger-garlic paste-1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli Powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1tsp
- Ginger(peeled and cut into strips) –2 “ piece
- Coriander leaves- 2 tbsp
- Oil –2 1/2 tsp
- Water- 1/2 cup
- Salt –to taste
- Heat oil in a pan.Add cumin seeds and fennel seeds.cook stirring until the seeds begins to brown about 30 seconds.
- Add chopped onion and saute till brown.Add ginger-garlic paste,turmeric powder, chilly powder,coriander powder,chopped tomato,salt and 1/4 cup of water.
- Saute for one more minute until the oil leaves the masala.
- Add cauliflower florets and cook stirring until it begins to brown.
- Add the remaining water .Cover and cook until cauliflower florets are tender.
- Add garam masala,ginger and coriander leaves and mix well.Cook until masala is dry.
- Serve hot with Roti and Tadka Dal.