Chicken Kali Mirch ( Pepper Chicken Masala)
This is a spicy and yummy chicken curry prepared with spices and pepper powder. Adding pepper powder gives a nice flavor to the curry.It goes great with Roti or Naan.
- Chicken – 500 gms
- Onion(chopped) –2
- Garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- Ginger – 1 tbsp
- Tomato (chopped) – 2
- Red Chilly Powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
- Pepper Powder –2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Kuskus(couscous) – 1 tsp
- Cashew nuts – 6
- Coriander Leaves(chopped) – 4 tbsp
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Soak cashewnuts in warm water.In a pan,boil kuskus and chopped onion in 1/2 cup of water for 3-4 minutes.
- Grind together soaked cashewnuts and onion mix to make a fine paste.
- Grind coriander leaves,chopped tomatoes,pepper powder to a paste.
- Heat oil in a kadai.Add ginger-garlic paste and once it is light brown ,add red chilly powder,turmeric pwoder and coriander powder.Once the raw smell goes,Add chicken pieces and mix well.Add 1/4 cup of water to it .Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked well,add cashewnut-onion paste,garam masala powder to it .Mix well and cook on low flame for another 5 minutes.Remove from fire.
- Heat 2 tbsp in another pan.Add the tomato paste to it and once the oil separates from the pan,add it to the chicken mix and stir well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.