Godhambhu Payasam (Wheat Payasam)
Today is my hubby’s birthday and so i made his favorite payasam to celebrate the special day.This payasam is prepared with broken wheat,coconut milk and Jaggery.This is a yummy and healthy payasam to serve during festivals like Onam,Vishu and I hope you all like it.
I wish all my wonderful readers a happy and prosperous Onam.
- Broken Wheat(nurukku Godambhu) – 1 cup
- Jaggery – 250gms
- Thick Coconut milk(first extracted milk) – 1cup
- Coconut milk(2nd extracted milk) – 2 1/2 cups
- Cardamom powder(elakka) – 1 tsp
- Dry Ginger powder(chukku podi) – 1/4 tsp
- Jeera powder(jeerakam) – 1/4 tsp
- Cashew nuts – 50 gms
- Raisins – 50 gms
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Pressure cook broken wheat with 3 cups of water for 3-4 whistles or until wheat is cooked well.
- To make jaggery syrup,melt jaggery in 1/4 cup of water and let it melt completely. Strain it to remove impurities.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a pan.Fry cashewnuts and raisins.Keep aside.
- Heat a pan and transfer the cooked wheat mix into it.Add jaggery syrup to it and stir continuously till it is thick.While stirring,add remaining 1 tbsp ghee to it .
- Add 2nd extracted coconut milk to it and let it boil for 2 minutes.Once it starts to boil, add thick coconut milk to it and mix well.After adding thick coconut milk,no need to boil. Remove from fire.
- Add cardamom powder,dry ginger powder,jeera powder to it and stir well.
- Garnish with fried cashews and raisins.
- Serve warm.