Idli and Coconut Chutney
Idli is a popular breakfast in south India.you can have with sambhar, coconut chutney or chutney powder.
- Urad dal (black gram)- 1 cup
- Idly rice – 2 cups
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Soak urad dal and rice separately for atleast 4 hrs..
- Grind rice, urad dal ,fenugreek seeds into a smooth batter.Mix well by adding salt.
- Allow the batter to ferment overnight.
- To make idlies, Grease the ldli moulds with little oil and pour the batter into each mould and steam cook for 10-15 mins in a iddli cooker.
- Grated Coconut – 1 cup
- Dry red chilly – 3
- Shallot – 2
- Mustard seeds -1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Coconut Oil
- Grind coconut, dry red chilly ,shallot into a fine paste by adding little water. Add salt to it and mix well
- Heat oil in a pan. splutter mustard seeds ,curry leaves and add the seasoning to the coconut mix.