- Black chick peas (kadala) – 1 cup
- Green chilly – 2
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander seeds – 2 tsp
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Shallots – 5
- Garlic – 2
- Ginger – a small piece
- Cloves – 2
- Cinnamon stick -2
- Fennel seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds -1/4 tsp
- Dry red chilly – 2
- Coconut oil
- Curry leaves
- Soak kadala overnight. Pressure cook with little turmeric powder, green chilly(cut into lengthwise) salt and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.Fry grated coconut,coriander seeds, shallots, clove,cinnamon,bayleaves,fennel seeds,ginger,garlic till light brown in color.once it is cool, grind it into a fine paste.
- Add the coconut paste to kadala mix and boil.
- Heat oil in a pan . Splutter mustard seeds, dry red chilly and add the seasoning to the curry.
- Garnish with curry leaves.
I love this curry i had it at my frnds place.
YUM! I love brown chana, Kadala curry looks delcious! Love hoe Puttu looks, almost like Idkis, good one!:)
kadala curry looks delicious-puttu kadala is an amazing combo-great entry!!
nice entry dear. will try this. very different for me.
Kadala curry and puttu look delicious Prajusha!
All time fav. kerala dish..Loved the bowl..I used grind about 2 tbsp of channa for the thickness.I left you something at my blog..:)
Hummmm….kadala curry looks awesome, delicious!!!!
i love kadala curry…..one of my fav combo is puttu and kadala…ur puttu shape is so cute..looks gr8 🙂
Guess what, even I have kadala veggie on my blog. 😀 Your’s look awesome. You have a award on my blog.
Hey this puttu and channa masala reminds of my recent Munar visit dear…they serve the same combination….and it tasted great. Urs looks delicious…I love Puttu
Wish my blog..something waiting for U
sounds great. let me try