Makai Paneer (Babycorn and Paneer Curry)
- Paneer cubes – 200 gms
- Baby Corn – 20 nos.
- Onion (chopped) – 2
- Tomato (big,chopped) – 1
- Ginger-Garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Cumin(jeera) – 1/4 tsp
- Green chilly – 2
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cashewnut paste – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Yellow color – a pinch
- Coriander leaves or curry leaves – To garnish
- Fry paneer cubes till light brown and keep aside.soak cashew nuts in warm water for 20 minutes and grind it into a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Saute cumin seeds,add chopped onions,green chilly , ginger- garlic paste and fry till brown in color.
- Add all the masala powders and chopped tomatoes and stir until it seperates from oil.
- Then add the paneer cubes, corn, cashew nut paste, salt, a pinch of yellow color and mix well.
- Add little quantity of water and boil for 3- 4 minutes until gravy is done.Garnish with curry leaves.
- Your Makai paneer is ready to serve with chappathi or naan.
Note: If you are using sweet corn then make sure you boil it with salt.