Cabbage-Unakka Chemmeen Thoran (Cabbage-Dried Prawns Stir Fry)
- Cabbage – 1
- Dried Prawn – 250gms
- Grated coconut – 1/4 cup
- Chopped onion -1
- Ginger-Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/4 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- mustard seeds -1/4 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 pinch
- Curry leaves
- Wash the dried prawns a couple of times without removing the shell.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Add urad dal, ginger-garlic paste, curry leaves and saute.
- Add chopped onions and fry. Add all masala powders and once the raw smell goes, add shredded cabbage, dried prawns , salt and mix well.cover and cook .
- Once it is cooked well, add grated coconut and pepper powder to it and stir for 2 mins. Remove from fire.
- Serve with rice.