Koova Virakiyathu ( Arrowroot Halwa)
- Arrowroot powder – 200 gm
- Jaggery – 200 gm
- Grated Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Banana(cut into thin round pieces) – 1
- Ghee – 3 tsp
- Cardamom powder – 1 tbsp
- Melt jaggery to make syrup.Strain to remove impurities if any.
- Mix arrowroot powder with water to make a smooth paste.
- Add jaggery syrup, grated coconut,banana pieces to it and mix well .
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan and add the arrowroot mix to it and stirring continuously on medium flame.
- When it starts thickening and leaves the sides of the pan, transfer it to a flat pan greased with ghee.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder on top of it.
- Once it is cool, you can cut into desired shapes.