Mutter-Phool Makhana (Green Peas and Puffed Lotus Seeds) Curry
I wish you all a happy and prosperous new year ahead.
This is my first post of 2009 after Vacation break.
Phool makhana is puffed lotus seeds and looks like pop corn with a different taste.
Here is the simple and easy recipe.
- Green peas – 1 cup
- Phool Makhana(puffed lotus seeds) – 100 gms
- Onion -2
- Ginger-Garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Tomatoes(medium,chopped)- 2
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1tsp
- Cashewnut paste – 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Boil green peas and keep aside.
- Heat butter in a pan. Add lotus seeds to it and fry until light brown.Once it is fried, soak in cold water.
- In the remaining butter, fry onion till golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste,chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder,chilly powder,gram masala powder, cashew nut paste and saute well.
- Add fried makhana , boiled green peas ,salt and stir well..cover and cook till done.
- Sprinkle butter on top.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and Cashews.
- Serve with roti.