My 150th post – Wheat Appam
- Wheat flour – 1 1/2 cup
- Baking powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Egg – 2
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Milk – 1 cup
- In a bowl, beat egg and sugar.
- Mix wheat flour with baking powder and add it to the egg mix.
- Add milk to it and stir well to avoid forming lumps.Keep aside for 2 hr.
- Heat a non stick pan or vellappam pan. Pour one ladleful of batter into it.
- Take the pan into both your hands and rotate in one direction to spread the batter all around the vessel with more batter in the middle.
- Cover it with a lid and let it cook for 2-3 mins until the edges of the appam turn slightly brown in color or crispy.
- Once it is done, slowly take out the appam with a spatula.
- Serve hot with Green Peas curry or Egg stew