Dhania Paneer is paneer cubes cooked in thick and colorful gravy. This recipe is adapted from Nita Mehta’s “Great Indian Cooking” with little changes.
- Paneer (cut into cubes) – 200 gms
- Cashew nuts (soak in warm water for 15 mins and grind to a paste) – 2 tbsp
- Onion (Big,finely chopped) – 1
- Ginger-Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Milk – 1 Cup
- Red Chilly Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves(Chopped,for garnishing) – 2 tbsp
For Making Coriander Paste:
- Coriander leaves (Chopped) – 3/4 cup
- Green Chilly – 2
- Fennel seeds – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Cut paneer into small square cube shape and deep fry until golden brown. Let the paneer cubes soak in warm water for a while to make it further soft.
- Grind all the ingredients given under coriander paste into a thin paste in a mixer grinder.
- Heat 4 tbsp oil in a kadai. Add chopped onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add Ginger-Garlic paste and stir till done.
- Now add the prepared coriander paste and cook for 2-3 mins on medium flame .
- Add Red Chilly powder,Garam Masala Powder,Coriander powder and salt.
- Then Add the cashew paste. Mix well.Keep scraping sides if Masala sticks to the sides/bottom of the kadai. Stir continuously till Masala leaves oil.
- Add 1/2 cup of water. Boil and stir occasionally.
- Now Add the remaining 1/2 cup milk and mix well. Then Add paneer cubes, stirring continuously on low heat for 5 mins.
- Garnish with Chopped Coriander leaves.Serve hot with chapathi or Naan.
Love Nita Mehta’s recipes,looks yum:)
Very nice to see..I had made paneer once..will try this next time when I make it..
u changed ur template looks good.
very good paneer recipe !!!!
Nice recipe….ur paneer dish looks good dear 🙂
Hey Prajusha another delicious recipe I love the pic! 🙂
I love paneer and naan! What is not to love about this dish?
looks so rich & yummy !
My daughter ,a lover of paneer had asked me to try this..
My husband ..lover of cheera and dal
combo loves the dish right down..
What shall I do?…;)
My husband loves paneer dishes, he always ask me to make them only thing is i don’t get paneer here and i have to make them myself.
The dish looks yummy
Nice Recipe 🙂
Hmmm.. paneer in dhania.. ithum kollam ketto 🙂 paneer kazhichittu kore nalayi..
shud try ur recipe soon 🙂
Hi there! 😀 Okay, I got through with subscribing to your feeds. Just so you know, one can only subscribe by clicking on the RSS button at the bottom of the page and not by the one at the top of their browser.
Nice gravy with paneer Prajusha. You have written a neat recipe. Viji
WOW this is looking great…nice colour….I love this recipe…
Thanks a lot for ur nice words.
Dhaniya Paneer looks mouth watering! Please visit my new blog.
first time here. dhaniya paneer sounds very interesting and new to me. I want to try this one some time. I like nita mehta’s books.
The gravy looks very rich and creamy. Nice recipe.
Yummy….i love any kind of paneer dishes…thanks for the recipe
Thank you for sharing!
The paneer looks very delicious, n the corriander woudl add such a great taste.
This turned out Amazing..but I am curious to know what changes did you make in the original recipe? I would like to know what was your special touch that made this dish sooo YUMMY!!!
Thanks for the comment.
The only changes i did is to fry the paneer in oil till light brown.:-)