Dhania Paneer is paneer cubes cooked in thick and colorful gravy. This recipe is adapted from Nita Mehta’s “Great Indian Cooking” with little changes.
- Paneer (cut into cubes) – 200 gms
- Cashew nuts (soak in warm water for 15 mins and grind to a paste) – 2 tbsp
- Onion (Big,finely chopped) – 1
- Ginger-Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Milk – 1 Cup
- Red Chilly Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves(Chopped,for garnishing) – 2 tbsp
For Making Coriander Paste:
- Coriander leaves (Chopped) – 3/4 cup
- Green Chilly – 2
- Fennel seeds – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Cut paneer into small square cube shape and deep fry until golden brown. Let the paneer cubes soak in warm water for a while to make it further soft.
- Grind all the ingredients given under coriander paste into a thin paste in a mixer grinder.
- Heat 4 tbsp oil in a kadai. Add chopped onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add Ginger-Garlic paste and stir till done.
- Now add the prepared coriander paste and cook for 2-3 mins on medium flame .
- Add Red Chilly powder,Garam Masala Powder,Coriander powder and salt.
- Then Add the cashew paste. Mix well.Keep scraping sides if Masala sticks to the sides/bottom of the kadai. Stir continuously till Masala leaves oil.
- Add 1/2 cup of water. Boil and stir occasionally.
- Now Add the remaining 1/2 cup milk and mix well. Then Add paneer cubes, stirring continuously on low heat for 5 mins.
- Garnish with Chopped Coriander leaves.Serve hot with chapathi or Naan.