Paal Kappa/Tapioca In Coconut Milk
Paal kappa is a popular delicacy of Kerala cuisine.This is prepared using tapioca in coconut milk .This goes well with spicy Kerala fish curry and shallots chammanthi.
- Tapioca(cut into cubes) – 1 kg
- Shallots – 6
- Garlic – 2
- Cumin seeds – 1 pinch
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Coconut milk – 1/2 cup
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
- Curry Leaves – 2 sprigs
- Boil tapioca with salt and water till tapioca pieces are cooked well.Once it is done, strain the water.
- Grind shallots,garlic and cumin seeds to a paste.
- Heat a pan and transfer the tapioca pieces into it.Add the shallot paste and coconut milk to it .Mix well.
- Once it starts to boil, add grated coconut ,curry leaves and coconut oil to it.stir well..
- Remove from fire.
For Ulli chammanthi
- Shallots –8
- Green Chilly – 3
- Coconut oil
Grind shallots,green chilly to a coarse paste.Add salt and oil to it..