- Chana dal – 250 gms
- Green chilly – 10
- Shallots – 12
- Ginger – 2 pieces
- Curry leaves
- Soak dal for 2-3 hrs. You can use toor dal instead of chana dal.
- Grind it into a coarse paste. Don’t add water while grinding. The mixture should be thick.
- Add chopped ginger, green chilly, shallots, curry leaves, salt to it and mix well.
- Wet your palms and make small balls with the mix and flatten into round patties.
- Heat oil in a pan. Deep fry vadas till golden brown in color.
- Serve with hot tea and ketchup.