Aval (Poha) Upma
- Avil (thick poha/Rice flakes) – 1 cup
- Shallots – 5
- Green chilly – 3
- Carrot – 1
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- urad dal – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Curry leaves
- Wash poha in water and drain immediately.
- Heat oil in pan.Splutter mustard seeds,urad dal,cumin seeds,curry leaves. Add chopped onion,chopped green chilly.chopped carrot and saute well..
- Add poha with turmeric powder and mix well gently and cook for 2 – 3 mins.
- Garnish with curry leaves or coriander leaves.
- Serve hot
Makes a quick and delicious snack or lunch, looks yummy!:)
Poha Uppma look so good. YUM!… Nice recipe. nice presentation….
Uppma looks delicious and that paipuvaddda from the early post makes me drool yummm
wow, the upma looks so delicious. beautiful presentation too.
beautiful poha upma prajusha
Avalakki vaggarane ..as we call makes a good breakfast for us. Good one.
love this poha recipe !!!
usually I take this as my lunch !!