Pavakka/Kaipakka Varuthathu (Bitter gourd fry)
- Bitter gourd /Kaipakka(cut into round pieces) – 4
- Onion (chopped) – 2
- Red chilly powder – 1 tbsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1tsp
- Green Chilly – 2
- Curry leaves
- Marinate bitter gourd with chilly powder, pepper powder,turmeric and salt. Keep aside for 1 hr.
- Deep fry in oil and transfer it to a serving bowl.
- Fry chopped onions in the remaining oil till golden brown in color and mix with bitter gourd pieces.
- Garnish with fried curry leaves and green chilly.
- Serve with rice or porridge.