Egg Stew ( Mutta Ishtoo)
- Egg (boiled and cut into halves) – 4
- Onion (chopped) – 1
- Vegetables (beans,carrot,potato, green peas) – 1 cup
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Garlic – 5
- Green chilly (cut lengthwise) – 3
- Black peppercorns – 6
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Grated coconut – 1/2 of a coconut
- Cinnamon stick – 2
- Cloves – 3
- Cardamom – 2
- Ghee – 1tsp
- Shallots (chopped) – 5
- Coconut Oil
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Grind ginger,garlic and coriander powder into a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan.saute chopped onions, green chilly, pepper, cinnamon, clove and cardamom.
- Add the paste to it and saute well.add chopped vegetables to it and stir well.
- Cook the vegetables by adding 2nd extracted coconut milk to it.
- Once it is done add 1st extracted coconut milk to it and turn off the heat. don?t let it boil.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add shallots, curry leaves and saute.
- Add the seasoning to the gravy and mix well.
- Add boiled eggs to it and mix.
- Serve with Appam, Idiyappam or Rice.