I Wish all my readers a happy Christmas.I made these yummy chocolate pinwheel cookies for my kids instead of baking a cake for this Christmas.;-)
- Butter – 150gms
- Sugar-3/4 cup
- Vanilla Extract-1 tsp
- Maida/All purpose flour –1 3/4 cups
- Baking powder-1/4 tsp
- salt-1/4 tsp
- Almond flour-1/3 cup
- Cocoa powder-1/4 cup
- Melt butter in a microwave for 5 seconds.
- In a bowl,Add sugar and butter to get combined well.
- Add egg and vanilla extract to it and beat well.
- Sift the flour together with the baking powder.Then Add it along with salt and mix well to get a dough.Lightly knead using hand to form a dough.Cut it in to halves.
- To one half ,add almond flour to it and mix well.To the other half,add cocoa powder and mix well to form a dough.
- On a sheet of waxed paper, roll out half of the vanilla dough into a rectangle roughly 7 inches by 8 inches. Do the same for other half of the chocolate dough.
- Keep in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator.Place the vanilla layer on top of the chocolate one and align.
- Lightly press by gently running your rolling pin on the surface to remove any air pockets and ensure both are adhered.Starting with the short end facing you, tightly roll the dough into a log.If the outer dough cracks,let it soften for a few minutes and roll.
- Wrap the log tightly with baking paper and keep it in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.The dough should be firm.
- Once it is ready to bake,slightly thaw the dough so that you can cut nicely using sharp knife.Cut into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper allowing each cookie enough space to expand.
- Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 10 –12 minutes.