This is the first post of 2015 and I wish all my readers a prosperous new year ahead.This recipe is adapted from Kairali TV cookery show long time back.This dish is served in “five star Thattukada” Restaurant in Manathavady.This spicy and yummy chicken dish goes well with rice.
- Chicken –500 gms
- Egg –1
- Corn flour –1 tbsp
- Chat masala – 1 tsp
- Chicken tandoori Masala – 1tsp
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp
- Potato(Medium) – 1
- Carrot –1
- capsicum –1
- Coconut bits(thengakothu) – 2tbsp
- Ginger(chopped) – 1tsp
- Garlic (chopped) – 1 tbsp
- Onion(chopped) –1
- Red chilly sauce –1 tbsp
- Green chilly Sauce- 1 tbsp
- Shallots(cut into round pieces) –5
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder- 1tbsp
- Tomato(chopped) -1
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Coriander leaves (chopped) – to garnish
- Make a batter with ingredients numbered 2 to 5 and marinate chicken pieces in it and keep aside for 2 hours.
- Cut vegetables lengthwise. cook veggies with little water in microwave on high power for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan for frying,Fry chicken pieces till half cooked.
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil in another pan.Add mustard seeds and let it splutter. once it is done add chopped onions, ginger, garlic,chopped tomatoes and saute well.
- Add boiled vegetables,coconut bits,red chilly sauce,turmeric powder,pepper powder,shallots and saute well.
- Finally add fried chicken pieces to it and stir well and let it coat with the masala.
- Add curry leaves and coriander leaves to it and mix well.Remove from fire.
- Serve with rice or roti.