Prawn Dum Dum
- Prawn -1/2 kg
- Onion(chopped) -4
- Tomato paste -1/2 cup
- Ginger – garlic paste -1 1/2 tbsp
- Garam Masala -1 tsp
- kasoori methi powder-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1tsp
- Kashmiri chilly Powder-1 tbsp
- Coriander powder ? 1/2 tsp
- Cashewnut or Almond paste – 2 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves
- Wash and devein prawns.
- Heat oil in a kadai and fry chopped onions till brown in color.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and fry till the raw smell goes.
- Add turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder and tomato paste and saute well.
- Add prawns with little quantity of water and boil for 6 mins (don’t overcook prawns as they tend to become tough on overcooking)
- Add salt and kasoori methi powder.
- Add cashewnut or almond paste dissolved in 1 cup of water to get a thick gravy and add it to the curry and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Garnish with Coriander Leaves.