Prawn Ularthiyathu (കൊഞ്ച് ഉലര്ത്തിയത്)
This is a typical Kerala dish prepared with prawns.This goes well with rice as side dish.
- Prawn – 10
- Garlic (chopped,length wise ) – 6
- Ginger(chopped,lengthwise) – 1” piece
- Onion (chopped) – 2
- Tomato (chopped) – 1
- Green Chilly (cut length wise) -2
- Kashmiri Red Chilly powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds(powdered) –1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves(stems discarded) – 2 stalks
- Coconut Oil
- Shell and devein prawns.Rinse and drain.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan.Saute chopped ginger,garlic,curry leaves and green chilly.once it is done, add chopped onions and fry till light brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes, red chilly powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder.fennel seeds powder,and saute well.
- Once the raw smell goes , add prawns,garam masala powder and salt. Stir well until prawn gets evenly coated with the masala.
- Cover and cook till prawns are done.
- Don’t over cook prawns as they tend to become hard on overcooking.
- Serve with Rice.
this looks irresistible! love to have it with palappam…