Kanji vellam Halwa/Rice Water Halwa
This easy and healthy halwa is prepared using rice water, rice flour and melted jaggery.
- Rice Water/Kanji vellam – 2 cups
- Rice Flour – 1/2 cup
- Jaggery (melted) – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Grated Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Ghee – 5 tbsp
- Raisins – 5
- Cashews – 5
- Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a pan, fry raisins and cashews and keep aside.
- In a bowl, add rice water, melted jaggery, sugar and mix well. Add rice flour little by little without forming lumps.
- Heat a wide bottomed pan and add the mix into it. Stir well continuously and let it cook for 7 minutes. Add a teaspoon of ghee at regular intervals with continuous stirring to avoid sticking to the pan.
- Once the mix leaves the sides of the pan and form a halwa like consistency, add grated coconut, fried raisins,cashews and cardamom powder.
- Mix well and remove from fire.
- Transfer the mix into a loaf pan greased with ghee or oil.
- Let it cool and cut into desired shapes.