Spicy Fish Masala (ഫിഷ് മസാല)
This is a spicy and yummy fish curry which goes great with roti or rice. This recipe is adapted from kairali TV fame Lakshmi Nair’s cook book “Magic oven Pachakavidhikal”.Hope you enjoy it.
- Seer fish/Neimeen (cut onto medium slices) – 1/2 kg
- Onion(chopped) –2
- Tomato(chopped) –2
- Garlic paste- 2 tsp
- Ginger apste-2 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Red chilly powder-1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder-1/2 tsp
- Lime juice-1/2 of a lemon
- Kashmiri red chilly – 10
- Green chilly – 2
- Cloves –4
- cardamom pods –4
- Coconut milk –1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Marinate fish pieces with pepper powder and salt and keep aside for 1 hour.Make a fine paste of Kashmiri red chilly.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the fish pieces till golden brown.
- In another pan, heat oil and fry chopped onions till brown .Keep aside.
- in the same oil, add cloves,cardamom and fry. Add ginger-garlic paste,turmeric powder and saute.once the smell comes, add Kashmiri chilly paste,red chilly powder,green chilly and saute well.add chopped tomatoes and once it is done, add coconut milk to it.
- Add fried onions to it and stir well.Let it boil.
- Once it starts to boil, add fried fish pieces and cook on low flame till the gravy is thick.
- Finally add lime juice to it and stir.Remove from fire.
- Garnish with curry leaves.