Aloo,Palak and Tofu Subji (Potato,Spinach and Tofu Curry)
This is a healthy and nutritious curry and it is a combo of potato,spinach and tofu with a spicy masala gravy.As Tofu is a excellent source of proteins and calcium,it is good for kids and it looks similar to paneer too.
- Spinach(chopped) – 1 cup
- Potatoes(boiled) –2
- Tofu – 1/2 cup
- Onion – 2
- Red chilly powder – 2 tsp.
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp.
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp.
- Ginger – 1” piece
- Garlic – 4
- Green Chilly (chopped) –1
- Tomato –1
- Mustard seeds-1/4 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds(uluva)- 1/4 tsp
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Wash and chop spinach.Boil potatoes with little turmeric and salt.
- Make a paste of turmeric powder,red chilly powder,coriander powder,mustard seeds,fenugreek seeds,ginger,garlic and 1 onion.
- In the mean time, boil 1/2 cup of water .
- Heat oil in a pan.Sauté chopped onion and green chilly till onion turns brown.
- Add masala paste and let it sauté till oil comes clear.
- Add chopped tomatoes and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped spinach,tofu and boiled potatoes to it. stir and mix well.Add salt according to your taste.
- Finally add the boiled water to it and cover and cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Serve with roti,naan or poori.