Stir Fried Chick Pea(വെള്ളക്കടല വഴറ്റിയത്)
Chickpea (chana or chole) masala is a common dish of North India.So far i have tried only chole masala and chana chat with chick peas.This stir fried chick pea is yummy and spicy to have with rice.Hope you all will enjoy this new recipe.
- Chick peas (Garbanzo beans) – 1 cup
- Onion(chopped) – 1
- Shallots – 8
- Garlic (chopped) –3
- Turmeric powder – 1tsp
- Kashmiri red chilly powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Fennel seeds(perumjeerakam) – 1/4 tsp
- Cinnamon stick – 1
- Cloves –2
- Cardamom – 1
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Make a fine paste of turmeric powder,red chilly powder, coriander powder,fennel seeds,cinnamon,cloves and cardamom.Mix chick peas with the paste.
- Boil marinated chick peas with chopped shallots,chopped garlic and required amount of water.cook till dry so that no water should remain.
- Heat oil in a pan. Splutter mustard seeds,once it is done add chopped onions and fry till light brown.Finally add boiled chick peas,curry leaves and mix well.
- Serve with rice as side dish.