Pakoda or Pakora is a common starter snack in most Indian party menu. It is nice to have a crispy pakoda with hot tea when it rains outside.:) You can make pakoda with variety of ingredients such as Potato,Spinach, Cauliflower or may be using non-veg either Chicken or prawn..I am sure you will really enjoy this crunchy crispy pakoda.
- Onion – 3
- Besan(gram flour)- 1 cup
- Ginger- garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
- Green Chilly – 3
- Red Chilly Powder – 1tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves(chopped) – 1tsp
- Lime juice – 1 1/2 tsp
- Baking Powder –1/4 tsp
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- In a bowl, Mix besan with baking powder,red chilly powder,coriander powder,salt and ghee(just warm ghee before adding to the flour mix).
- Then Add lime juice,ginger-garlic paste,green chilly(chopped),curry leaves and finally add chopped onions. Mix well using hand.
- Heat Oil in a frying pan. Once oil is piping hot,take small amount of mix and drop it into oil.
- Fry pakodas till golden in color and crispy.
- Serve with ketchup or chutney