Poha Tikki ( Poha Patties)
- Poha(Flattened rice flakes) – 2 cups
- Ginger(chopped) – 1 tsp
- Lime juice – 1tbsp
- Green Chilly (chopped) – 1
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Sesame seeds – 1/4 cup
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Wash poha well and soak it in water for 15 minutes. Drain and squeeze well to remove water.
- Add finely chopped ginger, lime juice, chopped green chilly chopped coriander leaves, garam masala , salt and mix well.
- Take a small portion and flatten it by pressing between your palms to make tikkis.
- Roll over sesame seeds spread on a plate.The original recipe calls for poppy seeds.but i couldn’t find poppy seeds here. so i used sesame seeds instead and it tasted great.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry on medium flame until brown on both sides.
- Drain on a tissue as sesame seeds produce oil after frying tikkis.
- Serve with chutney.