Bread Gulab Jamun
Normally I make gulab jamun using maida and milk powder.This time I tried with bread slices and it tasted good.
- Bread(white bread) – 5 slices
- Milk – 4 tbsp
- Milk powder – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Water – 2 cups
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Take bread slices and cut the edges.Break them into pieces.Grind into a powder.
- Transfer into a bowl.Add milk powder,milk little by little and knead well into a soft dough.
- cover and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- To make sugar syrup,boil sugar and water .Once sugar melts,boil on medium flame for another 5 minutes till you get a sticky consistency.The syrup should not be watery.
- Switch off the flame .Add cardamom powder to it.
- For making jamuns, make balls and flatten .Place a almond in the center and seal the edges together.Gently roll into a soft ball without any cracks.
- Heat oil in frying pan.Gently place the balls and fry on medium flame till it turns golden color.Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Place them on kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
- Add the fried balls into sugar syrup.The sugar syrup should be warm.
- soak the jamuns in sugar syrup for 2 hours.
- Refrigerate and serve it .
For the preparation video pls click the link below