Kesari Bhath aka Rava Kesari
- Semolina (Rava) – 1 cup
- Sugar – 2 1/2 cups
- Ghee – 1 cup
- Milk – 2 cups
- Cashew Nuts – 1/4 cup
- Raisins – 1/4 cups
- Food Color – A pinch or saffron – a few strands.
- Cardamom powder
- Heat ghee in a pan and roast cashew and raisins.
- Now, roast rava and stir continuously on low flame for 5 minutes until light brown.
- Boil milk in a separate pan, add rava and sugar in small quantity to avoid lumps and stir continuously.
- If you want to make your kesari look colorful then prepare a separate mixture using a quality food color with warm water.
- Now, add cashew, raisins, cardamom powder, food color mixture and add a little bit more ghee to give it some softness and your kesari is ready
- If you want to give your kesari bhath an attractive shape then use an appropriate mold (I used a sort of flower shaped one) and fill it.
- Let it cool for a while and your kesari will come out with flying colors 🙂