This is one of my favorites and it is adapted from Mrs. Lakshmi Nair‘s recipes. She hosts the “magic oven” cookery show on Kairali TV. I love her way of presentation , her dressing and the beautiful smile on her face. Hope you all enjoy this yummy mouthwatering curry.
- Chicken( cut into pieces) – 1/2 kg
- Ginger paste – 2tsp
- Garlic Paste – 2tsp
- Ginger-garlic (chopped into pieces) – 1 tbsp
- Onion(chopped) – 3
- Tomato -2
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri chilly powder – 1 tbsp
- Kasoori Methi powder – 2 tsp
- Cashewnut Paste – 2 tbsp
- Cloves -6
- Cinnamon stick – 2
- Cardamom – 4
- Fresh cream -1/4 cup
- Butter – 2tbsp
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Marinate chicken pieces with ginger-garlic paste and salt for 30 mins.Fry till light brown in color.
- Heat oil in a pan.Saute cloves,cinnamon,cardamom,chopped ginger-garlic and onions.
- Add turmeric powder,red chilly powder,kasoori Methi powder and once the raw smell goes add chopped tomatoes and fry till done.
- Once it is cool, Grind it into a fine paste.
- In a pan, mix well fried chicken pieces, masala paste and cashewnut paste, salt and bring it to boil .
- Once the gravy is dry, remove from heat. Garnish with fresh cream, butter and coriander leaves.
- Serve warm with rice or chappathi