Cauliflower- Green Peas Masala ( Gobi-Mutter Masala)
Mutter (Green peas) is a common ingredient in most of the north indian recipes. I posted Mutter Paneer a while ago and it’s Mutter-Gobi now:-). Every time I make a recipe using cauliflower, it ends up as Gobi Manchurian :-(. So, this time I thought of using green peas with it – sort of an experiment, but I should say I’m glad, I did. It came out very well and tastes great too. It can go very well with roti or paratha.
- Cauliflower Florets – 2 cup
- Green Peas – 1/2 cup
- Onion (chopped) – 2
- Tomato Puree – 1/2 cup
- Ginger-Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Boil green peas and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add ginger garlic paste, chopped onions and saute well.
- Add tomato puree, red chilly powder, turmeric powder,sugar, salt and stir for sometime.
- Then add cauliflower florets to it and cook with little water till florets are soft.
- Finally add boiled green peas to it and allow it to boil on low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with curry leaves.
- Serve with chappathi or roti.