Chilly Paneer is a indo-Chinese dish and it is prepared using deep fried paneer cubes,capsicums in a hot and tangy sauce.This is quick and easy to make and goes well with fried rice.
- Paneer cubes-250gms
- Egg – 1
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Plain flour ( Maida) – 1/2 cup
- Vegetable cube (i used Maggi cubes for making stock) – 1
- Onion(chopped) – 2
- Ginger – garlic paste – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Green chilly – 3
- Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
- Chilly sauce – 1 tsp
- Tomato sauce – 1tbsp
- Corn flour – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp or u can add ajinomoto
- Capsicum(small,chopped) – 1
- Spring onion/curry leaves – to garnish
- Make a batter with pepper powder, beaten egg, maida, vegetable stock(or water ),ginger-garlic paste and salt.Another method is to make a batter with maida, ginger-garlic paste,corn flour ,pepper powder and salt.
Dip paneer pieces in the batter and fry in oil till light brown.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions,ginger-garlic paste, green chillies, chopped capsicum and saute well.
- Add Vegetable stock, soy sauce,chilly sauce, tomato sauce to it and stir well.
- Mix 1 tbsp corn flour with 5tbsps of water and add to it. Add fried paneer cubes,salt to it.Stir well and cook till dry.
- Add sugar to it and mix.
- Garnish with curry leaves or spring onions.
- Serve with Fried rice.